Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad receiving texts from family memebers devices

Hello I activated my fathers ipad using our WiFi. Even though he doesn’t live with me, his iPad is receiving my husbands, son, and my imessages on his iPad. How is this happening?

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 12:14 PM

3 replies

Dec 13, 2017 12:42 PM in response to Vaness18

You are all sharing the same Apple ID. It is recommended that each person have their own Apple ID. You can share purchase from iTunes, the App Store and iBooks by using Family Sharing.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

How to go about setting it up.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

It is possible to share an Apple ID to share purchases, but things can get murky. If you all share the same iCloud account using that Apple ID, you will really have problems sorting it all out.

Dec 13, 2017 12:50 PM in response to Vaness18

Well that is really odd, then. He isn’t using the same iCloud account as the rest of you is he?

Did You check all of the other devices to make sure that Settings>iMessage>Send & Receive>You can be reached by iMessage at and make certian that each family member has their own phone number selected?

iPad receiving texts from family memebers devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.