Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unwanted email addresses in my iMac's contacts

The Contacts list on my iMac constantly fills up with email addresses. It seems that almost every email address I respond to in Mail somehow winds up in my Contacts. Hundreds of them every month. If I spend the time deleting them, they just start building up again. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks,

Andy

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 1:53 PM

6 replies

Dec 13, 2017 2:19 PM in response to rkaufmann87

I am using a 27" iMac (mid-2011) running Yosemite 10.10.5 with a 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 processor and 16 GB of memory. My Apple Contacts list fills up with email addresses - hundreds each month - that I am not entering, though they appear to come from email addresses that I respond to in Apple Mail. If I take the time to delete them, they start adding up in Contacts again. The makes my contact list difficult to use given that half the entries are just email addresses rather than contacts. I use Apple's Mail 8.2 and Apple's Contacts 9.0.

unwanted email addresses in my iMac's contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.