Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Paint peeling off on new macbook pro

Hi there,

I got my 2016 MacBook Pro around April this year and I take very good care of it by putting it in a padded case so nothing would happen to it. Even though I'm very cautious with it, the paint on the top is starting to come off. I don't know if it's peeling off because there was a contaminant in the paint, but I would like to know if I could get it replaced under apple care. Thanks.

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS Sierra (10.12.3)

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 12:43 PM

5 replies

Jan 21, 2018 7:24 AM in response to Smart Consumer

Mine is late 2017 MacBook Pro touch bar and the surface had a blister. It’s deep in the surface. Looks like the paint had some problem. I am extremely disappointed. As someone who has every single apple product that they make.

I am traveling for next 6 months in the midlife east and not sore what to do about this. I use the case that I purchase from apple store when I bought the Mac to care for it.

Jan 21, 2018 9:08 AM in response to Smart Consumer

If you have an Apple-owned store available, your appointment at the Genius bar for an evaluation is free, in warranty or out. Apple wants you to be a happy customer, if possible.

Apple Authorized Service providers make their own policies, including possible evaluation charges. In most cases, these charges are there to discourage frivolous use of their resources without compensation. If you later get a warranty repair, or pay to have work done, be sure to ask for a rebate of the evaluation charge.

Jan 22, 2018 3:13 AM in response to Smart Consumer

Yes they have an apple store here at Yas Mall in Abu Dhabi UAE. And I just found out that my one year warrentee ended 3 days ago. Even though I had this spot on the laptop for over 2 months. It looked like a blister and I tried to clean it yesterday to find out that the paint is just coming off. I'll take it to them tomorrow

Mine is late 2016 MacBook Pro touch bar and the surface had a blister. It’s deep in the surface. Looks Like the paint had some problem. I am extremely disappointed. As someone who has every single apple product that they make.

I am traveling for next 6 months in the middle east and not sure what to do about this. I always used the case that I purchased from apple store when I bought the Mac to care for it.

Paint peeling off on new macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.