Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi Failure Despite Icon On After Sleep After Upgrade to High Sierra

I upgraded to High Sierra. Now when the Mac sleeps my connectivity to the internet is removed. Icon in the top right still shows active. A TCP Dump seems to show local traffic is still working (in particular I see connections to the iPhone) . However, any attempt to open a web page or use email results in nothing.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 1:15 PM

2 replies

Dec 14, 2017 12:30 PM in response to NJost

Hello NJost,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.
I'm understanding from your post that the Wi-Fi connection drops but it still shows as if it is active by the icon at the top right of your screen.

There are a couple of articles that can help with the Wi-Fi issue. First is the article about checking Wi-Fi issues: Check for Wi-Fi issues using your Mac

You can also try the article below if that one doesn't help.
macOS Sierra: Use Network Diagnostics to help solve Internet connection problems

Let us know the outcome.
Have a great day!

Dec 28, 2017 9:05 AM in response to chuck_3rd

That was completely unhelpful, as this issue is specifically related to MacOS 10.13, and has not been resolved in either of the minor or incremental updates.I have the following computers, all of which, have the same problem, of wifi non-responsiveness after sleep, without turning wifi off and on again:

Late-2011 MacBook Air
2016-MacBook Pro
2013 Mac Pro
Mid-2014 Mac Pro
Mid-2015 MacBook

All of these machines, are connected to separate networks, with their own individual internet connection, on their own solitary wifi network, and in different premises entirely, and all are running 10.13, and ever since the update to 10.13, whenever the machines go to sleep, as soon as the machines are woken from sleep and safari or another browser is launched, any and all web activity is completely non-responsive, until wifi is turned off and then on again.

*We have made sure everything is up to date.
*There is no need to reboot routers or modems because other devices such as iPads and iPhones, are functioning when connected to their networks, perfectly.

The only presumption can be that High Sierra has a problem!

This is ALSO NOT a local machine or user problem...This IS a problem with the implementation of 10.13, that remains unfixed, as of 10.13.2.

THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED PROMPTLY!

WiFi Failure Despite Icon On After Sleep After Upgrade to High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.