Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad air 2 going down after IOS 11.2.1 download

I was wonder has anybody had this same problem. My mother recently experienced when she downloaded the new IOS 11.2.1 software. she said at the time she had a fully battery and then dowloaded the new software and after a few hours she opened her iPad to use it and the whole screen just went black completely. She said she was on the websites looking for Christmas gift. After seeing this I tried all the tricks to get it back working I reset it, hooked it up to a charger, cleaned the charging port and even hooked it up to the computer and the computer did not even register it. So I am beside myself on what to tell my mother about what to do with her Ipad.

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 1:38 PM

3 replies

Dec 14, 2017 8:17 AM in response to lilypad104104

Greetings lilypad104104,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

I see that after updating to iOS 11.2.1, the iPad Air went to a black screen and now it's not working. I'll be happy to help assist you with this.

It sounds like the iPad won't even turn on. So I suggest starting with the troubleshooting steps in this support article:
If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t turn on or is frozen

You can skip any steps that you've already tried, but make sure that you plug in the device and let it charge for at least one hour.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards.

Dec 25, 2017 9:51 PM in response to raina_b22

I am having the same problem with my dad’s iPad Air, it started after he first updated to ios 11.0. I have restored it using iTunes TWICE! It allows me to set up the iPad but shortly afterwards the screen goes black and it says it needs to be charged. When it is plugged back in, the iPad says it is fully charged and is functional.

Dec 26, 2017 12:42 AM in response to Vaanders

Hi

Just try one more time turn ipad off

Make sure your pc is running the latest iTunes 12.7.2

Connect lead to USB on your pc Press just the power button down on ipad don't let go Connect lead to ipad keep power button pressed down until pc sees ipad Then wait for restore you may need to do this more than once Before it works.

If you still have a problem make an appointment at Apple store For a battery check.

Or contact Support.apple.com for posting details.

Cheers

Brian 🇬-1F1E7;

iPad air 2 going down after IOS 11.2.1 download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.