Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Render files not deleted

When I finish a project, I do File->Delete Generated Library Files and tell it to delete everything.

When I look at the fcpbundle contents (after exiting FCPX) I see that it did delete the "Transcoded Media" content (proxies and optimized media), but in the Render Files, there is still lots of stuff there (1/2 a Gig in the Thumbnails directory, way less in the Peaks Data, but it's certainly not empty).

Is there a reason for this? Thanks.

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 9:15 AM

Thumbnails are the filmstrip icons. Peak data are the waveform displays. if you work with a lot of projects or a lot of filmstrip browser views especially on multiple monitors these can build up. I generally prefer to keep the cache, like the media, external to the library. That way to do a real clean up, including dumping analysis files, which can be surprisingly large, you can simply dump the cache bundle and let the everything build everything the next time you open it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2017 9:15 AM in response to Barry0706

Thumbnails are the filmstrip icons. Peak data are the waveform displays. if you work with a lot of projects or a lot of filmstrip browser views especially on multiple monitors these can build up. I generally prefer to keep the cache, like the media, external to the library. That way to do a real clean up, including dumping analysis files, which can be surprisingly large, you can simply dump the cache bundle and let the everything build everything the next time you open it.

Render files not deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.