Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad frozen

My Ipad2 is frozen for over 24 hours. I tried the 2 buttons and got the Apple in white but then nothing happens. have tried several times and this is as far as it gets. what can i do next without losing all my files, etc.?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 2:48 PM

6 replies

Dec 15, 2017 7:39 AM in response to Leona10

Greetings Leona10,

Thanks for getting back with us and trying those steps. I have something for you to try.

You mention that you are getting error 27. Please see this support article for help with this error: Get help with iOS update and restore errors , specifically:

Check your hardware

If you see error 53, use these steps.

If you see one of the errors below, you might have a hardware issue:

• 1, 3, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16
  • 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, 56
  • 1002, 1004, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1667 1669

Here's what to check. Try again after each step:

1. If iTunes is already open, quit and reopen it.
  2. Check your third-party security software.
  3. Make sure that your USB cable, computer, and network are reliable. Then try twice more to restore your iOS device.
  4. Check for outdated or modified software.

If you still see the error, contact Apple Support.

Cheers.

Dec 14, 2017 8:41 AM in response to Leona10

Hello Leona10,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities.

I see that your iPad has been frozen for over 24 hours. It's important to make sure that you can use your iPad, so I'll be happy to provide some help.

I suggest trying the troubleshooting steps in this support article:
If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t turn on or is frozen

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards.

Dec 15, 2017 8:27 AM in response to raina_b22

I had to use the most drastic option and choose to restore my iPad!!m it finally worked and I am so relieved!!

i was about to go to iCloud and do a back up..... Most of my apps and notes have come back but I do not see any Photos or albums???

HOW do I restore my photos? Is there a separate step beyond just doing to the ICloud backup??

thanks so much!

Ipad frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.