Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant change trackpad settings, please help!

Hi i was recently given a old MacBook Pro 13 inch mid 2010 with macOS High Sierra version 10.13.2 on it and after fiddling around on it a bit I tried customising the trackpad and enable tap to click but couldn't find the setting and after googling it i couldn't find anything on it.

when i go into system preferences and go into the trackpad tab all i see is this:User uploaded file

and i cant change anything at all and i know from my other laptops that you shoud be able to change things here.

please help me out!!

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), null

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 2:49 PM

1 reply

Dec 17, 2017 12:05 AM in response to enderplayer2002

I see no one has responded to you, and my answer may not be right, but I am having a different problem and I went into Preferences>Track pad. I see down in the bottom right corner there is a "set up bluetooth track pad" - I believe this is for an external track pad. If you have a bar across the top that has 3 sub titles, I think that is where you need to go - but, then, you may have a different OS version - I am not updated right now. I'm going crazy because my cursor will not land on what I want to click - it jumps away like a magnetic repulsion. Closest Apple store is 3 hours away 😟

Cant change trackpad settings, please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.