Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i phone 8 screen cracked in worranty period.so can i replce phone ?

Screen cracked

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 2:06 PM

12 replies

Dec 13, 2017 2:16 PM in response to Madawiasinsla

How did it crack? Sitting with the phone in your back pocket? Dropped?

If you purchased the $199 option of AppleCare+ with your phone, it will cost you $29 to have the screen replaced. You can do that twice. After that, it's the full charge of whatever the cost is to replace a screen.

Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee of $29 for screen damage, or $99 for any other damage, plus applicable tax. In addition, you’ll get 24/7 priority access to Apple experts by chat or phone.

Dec 16, 2017 5:43 PM in response to Madawiasinsla

Timing is everything for warranties or insurance. It would be the same as if you had no insurance on your car, but then bought it the day after an accident and expected the insurance company to cover the cost. Or not having medical insurance, but buying it the day after surgery. Neither will cover the incident since you didn't have insurance at the time.

At this point you'll have to bring it to an Apple Store. Or, if there isn't one close enough to you, arrange to have it sent to Apple for repair. Regardless of which way you do it, it will now cost $169. Plus, or course, any local taxes and shipping if you have to send it in.

i phone 8 screen cracked in worranty period.so can i replce phone ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.