Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

line on iPhone x screen only in messages

This has me so crazed and confused. I notice this glitch only when i'm in messages, at all other times the screen and photos are perfect.

Thanks to the high resolution of the screen I immediately started to notice a thin white line that would show up only on the photos I was going to send and only in the message window. The line doesn't show up on the photo or on any other app. it's got me mystified and crazed. I didn't think it was worth taking to the store since it's only in this one app and it doesn't impact the actual image.

Any ideas or has this happened to anyone else?

ThanksUser uploaded file

ipad, iphone, mbp, mac pro, appletv, airport extreme, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 3:53 PM

1 reply

Dec 14, 2017 8:59 AM in response to ifitmakesuhappy

Hi ifitmakesuhappy,

I see that you've noticed a thin white line appearing on your photos when they're being sent via Messages. Thank you for confirming that this line isn't present in any other apps or on the photo itself when you view it in the Photos app; this helps to isolate the issue to Messages specifically.

As a first step, restart your iPhone and check to see if the issue persists:
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the issue continues after restarting your device, I recommend that you reinstall iOS using the instructions below. Before you proceed, be sure that you have a current backup of your data.
How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

1. Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, try to borrow one, or go to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  2. While your device is connected, force it to restart.
    • On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  3. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.
    User uploaded file
  4. When you get the option to restore or update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data.
    User uploaded file

iTunes will download the software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support
Although the title of this resource doesn't match your issue, these steps will still allow you to reinstall iOS on your device.
Cheers.

line on iPhone x screen only in messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.