Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder not responding in certain cases

Hello,

I see that there are problems showing up post-High Sierra. I just came across one that I can't find a Discussion on. I'm using a MacPro.

Everything seemed fine until:

When in the Finder, and I enact a search (using command + f), in my case, I punched in the word Couture. All folders, docs etc. using that criteria show up in the search. Fine. New problem: Whenever I attempt a simple move like dragging a document (within the search window) into a folder (within that same search window), the finder becomes unresponsive (spinning wheel forever). I am forced to Force Quit the finder (it says finder unresponsive). This is not a normal reaction. I've been using this action since I first had a Mac in 1988.

Sound familiar? Anyone have a fix? I've run Disk Utility already so.... I also deleted the Finder Preferences so...

PS. I can easily drag an item from the search window into a folder outside the search window, like onto the desktop or any folder outside the search window

The Mac Pro is late 2014. Hasn't had a hiccup until I tried to do this. I've had High Sierra for about 3 weeks.

Thanks,

Al

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4), null

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 3:04 PM

1 reply

Finder not responding in certain cases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.