Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Adjust Print Margins in Safari 11.0 (High Sierra)

I am trying to print from Safari onto label paper that has a 1" print margin on all sides. Every time I print, it prints outside of the labels margins and onto the non-label portion of the paper. I need help figuring out how to fix this to print within the label's margins.

I have set up a custom paper size and have defined the non-printable area as 1" on all sides. I have also selected the option to "scale to fit paper size" selected under the Paper Handling menu.

In Firefox, I am able to use all of these settings and print correctly using Firefox when, in the Firefox menu, I select "Ignore Scaling and Shrink to Page Width." In Safari, using the System Dialog Print Box, under the Safari menu, this option is not available. Using Chrome and the System Dialog Print box, this option is likewise unavailable.

I would appreciate any help anyone can provide in solving this problem.

Thank you.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), macOS High Sierra (10.13), Safari 11.0

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2018 10:06 AM

I found the safari has fixed print margins for HTML.
I created a customized paper size without margins. Safari still adds margins when printing HTML. However, if I print a PDF file via Safari, it has no margins.

2 replies

How to Adjust Print Margins in Safari 11.0 (High Sierra)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.