Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i transfer my project to another computer to continue editing on it there?

i'm working on a project on my macbook air, but i want to continue working on it on my desktop mac. how can i transfer it to the mac as a normal project file without exporting it to a quicktime? thank you

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 1:54 PM

Two ways one is that take a external hard drive connect it open fcp create new library in it just drag project wish you want it may be long time as depend on you project duration after copy your back-up from where you created or default. copy it to another system same folder ,copy your footage too then you can use to ready. second way take a xml do as same things open fcp* file*import xml after importing your project show offline choose select all files then choose relink files where they are you copied.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2017 1:54 PM in response to sophielr

Two ways one is that take a external hard drive connect it open fcp create new library in it just drag project wish you want it may be long time as depend on you project duration after copy your back-up from where you created or default. copy it to another system same folder ,copy your footage too then you can use to ready. second way take a xml do as same things open fcp* file*import xml after importing your project show offline choose select all files then choose relink files where they are you copied.

how can i transfer my project to another computer to continue editing on it there?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.