Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my watch’s speak sound muffled after wearing it in the shower.

I turned the Digital Crown to eject the water.

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 4:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 2:46 AM

Hi

If water remains in the speaker on your Apple Watch Series 2 or Series 3 after engaging and then turning off Water Lock, then it may help to repeat the process by manually enabling and turning off Water Lock at least once more:

About Apple Watch water resistance - Apple Support

Note that other models of Apple Watch should not be submerged in water.

If the speaker remains muffled after multiple uses of Water Lock, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for advice and assistance:

Note also that:

• Apple specifically advises against exposing Apple Watch to soap or soapy water - such as when showering or bathing - or to high velocity water.
  • Apple advises against subjecting Apple Watch to dramatic changes in temperature and/or humidity.
  • Apple Watch should be kept within the recommended ambient temperature ranges.

More information:

Important handling information

Keep Apple Watch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2017 2:46 AM in response to Desibee93

Hi

If water remains in the speaker on your Apple Watch Series 2 or Series 3 after engaging and then turning off Water Lock, then it may help to repeat the process by manually enabling and turning off Water Lock at least once more:

Note that other models of Apple Watch should not be submerged in water.

If the speaker remains muffled after multiple uses of Water Lock, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for advice and assistance:

Note also that:

• Apple specifically advises against exposing Apple Watch to soap or soapy water - such as when showering or bathing - or to high velocity water.
  • Apple advises against subjecting Apple Watch to dramatic changes in temperature and/or humidity.
  • Apple Watch should be kept within the recommended ambient temperature ranges.

More information:

Important handling information

Keep Apple Watch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

Why does my watch’s speak sound muffled after wearing it in the shower.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.