Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music isnt allowing me to add songs/playlists and edit playlists on my iphone

I have Apple music at the student rate, and recently after the latest update whenever I try to add music not currently on my device through apple music it will not add. If I try to create a new playlist it will not create the list and I am forced into shutting down my music app. I can edit/add songs on my PC in my iTunes Library and it syncs up with my phone. Does anyone have a similar problem and a fix for this issue?

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 4:12 PM

1 reply

Dec 14, 2017 12:27 PM in response to NotMrLebowski

Hello NotMrLebowski,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that after a recent update you've been unable to add music or create playlists using Apple Music. I'm happy to help.

First, make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi or cellular network connection.

Try force quitting the app and restarting your iPhone.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Delete and reinstall the app

User uploaded file

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Delete the app, then redownload it from the App Store.

If the issue persists, I recommend reinstalling iOS. When reinstalling iOS, iTunes will completely remove your current software and install a fresh version. While iTunes will try to do this without removing data, it's a good idea to make sure you have a recent backup before trying this step.
How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Use the steps in the link below to reinstall iOS with iTunes:
If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please let us know if the issue continues. Include any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a great day!

Apple music isnt allowing me to add songs/playlists and edit playlists on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.