Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uploading to iCloud

I started to upload videos to iCloud from my external drive and noticed that I would not have enough storage on my iCloud to accommodate all of the videos. I tried to stop the upload but whenever I connect my external drive, something is restarting the upload process. How do I totally stop the upload?

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 4:46 PM

4 replies

Dec 14, 2017 1:23 PM in response to Eric Root

I dragged the folder that included all (only) videos and dropped it onto my iCloud icon in a Finder window. I believe to stop the process I hit esc or cancel. I ejected my external drive ok and have not reconnected it to my laptop since then. When I open Finder, iCloud shows little cloud icons next to all the videos and one audio file and says it is uploading 30+ files in the little reader line at the bottom of the Finder window.

Uploading to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.