Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

red dot #1 notification will not come off

Help to remove the notification that I have a message when all messages have been sent and read??

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 5:44 PM

2 replies

Dec 14, 2017 10:01 AM in response to withitperson

Hello withitperson,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that Messages shows a notification even though all messages have been sent and read. I can surely see how this could be confusing. I'm happy to help.

If you haven't already, try forcing the Messages app to close and launch it again.
How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, restart your iPhone. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please let us know if the notification remains. Include any additional troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a great day!

Dec 14, 2017 10:50 AM in response to Leanne_68

Thanks Starr.C,

I thought it was a strange occurrence for the notification to remain on after I tried all avenues. When it just turned off that was strange until I saw a message show up from Apple Pay. All bizarre!!!

Why was a delayed message from Apple Pay suspended in a remote abyss sent and why Siri or I who kept checking for all read and unread messages could not find this hung up Apple Pay unread message that I did not have any contact with. I did everything you suggested and more.

Thanks anyway, much appreciated.

red dot #1 notification will not come off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.