Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Korean words always break on end of line.

I'm working with Pages to create Korean documents.

But Pages don't have Korean word keep option, so I need insert line break to all lines manually.

How to turn on Korean word keeping option?

product: pages 6.3.1

User uploaded file

null-OTHER, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 4:59 PM

11 replies

Dec 13, 2017 8:51 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

Tom I tested this with Korean Hangul I copied from a news site.

I pasted it into a plain text Textedit document and stretched/shrank the window to check it has no line breaks then copy pasted that plain text to Pages 6.3.1.

No sign of any line breaks and word breaks are fine.

Then reduced the margins and the text flowed normally in Pages.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

I can only assume the O.P. has done something else or has text with non-break word spaces.

There appears to be no problem in Pages 6.3.1 Sierra.

I started setting up a drive to run High Sierra this morning but backed out when it started looking a little dicey and looked like it might screw up what I had on the drive. I might get another brand new hard drive just for High Sierra.

Peter

Dec 14, 2017 12:18 AM in response to Seonho

Ah I understand now what you are saying.

You do not want the Korean words to break:

User uploaded file

In Edit > Spelling and Grammar there is a Hangul option, but it seems to do nothing.

Also in Text > More I cancelled Remove paragraph hyphenation and turned off Prevent widow & orphan. Both of those did nothing.

I can think of nothing else.

It would appear to be a bug or bad programming.

Menu > Pages > Provide Pages Feedback

Peter

Dec 14, 2017 12:39 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

"It would appear to be a bug or bad programming."

Which would suggest the best course is a bug report to Apple via Provide Pages Feedback (found in the Pages menu).

That won't bring an immediate solution to the issue, but will alert Apple to its existence, which messages in this user to user community will not accomplish.

Regards,

Barry

Korean words always break on end of line.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.