Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone functionality stops sometimes while all other parts of the iOS work just fine

Several times since I got the iPhone X even though the status shows att and 4 bars of signal the phone stops taking calls of text msg. I generally find out when I try to make a call and nothing happens no dial tone sound for example no way to know how long it has been that way. but it is fixed restarting the phone and all is well. A bunch of voice mails and text msgs appear and it’s all good for a week or so. Note that all this time I have had a strong WiFi signal and I use an att micro cell when I am at home this Ids as ATT-M-C in the upper left if the screen when it is in use ( all automatic and has worked fine since I got the iPhone 6 and switched to att.) depending where I am in my house or barn the the phone switches between the M Cell and the cell tower and back seamlessly. I do suspect this might be involved but ATT says not.

So before I insist that they swap it out for a replacement M Cell, I thought I best check here to see if it might be on the iPhone end of things.

just updated to 10.2.1 all this happened before tonight’s update so no way to know if that update has had any effect.

iPhone X, iOS 11.2, null

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 6:47 PM

1 reply

Dec 14, 2017 10:33 AM in response to Windshadow99

Hello Windshadow99,

I understand that you are having an issue with your phone making and receiving calls and text messages. I use my device a lot and know how important it is to have your device running correctly. I'm here to help.

Here are some resources that can assist you:

If you can‘t make or receive calls on your iPhone

If you can‘t send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please let us know if this is happening everywhere, or at a specific location.
Have a great day!

Phone functionality stops sometimes while all other parts of the iOS work just fine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.