Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to receive calls on my iPhone 7.

I had an iPhone se for a few months. My work provided me with an upgrade to an iPhone 7. It already had my phone programmed into the SIM card. The same number as my se. when I went to activate the 7, I was unable to use my iCloud data to fill my contacts and settings. The verifications were being sent to the old phone. So I got the old phone back in order to get the verification code, and I got my new phone updated with all my info. However, I am unable to receive phone calls on my 7. The calls are still going to the old phone. I receive messages on my new phone, but not incoming calls. I tried taking the SIM card out of the old phone, but then my 7 stopped sending/receiving texts. Put the SIM card back in and now the 7 sends/receives texts again, but still no incoming calls. Any thoughts?

PS Sorry the long post.

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 8:13 PM

3 replies

Dec 13, 2017 8:24 PM in response to AldeaShepard

If both devices are setup with the same number, you need to find out if the number was ported from AT&T to Verizon. Seems hard to determine based on your post, but you say the new phone was setup before you got it. But given the description in the post, things seem to be going to both devices. You should contact AT&T about the old phone and whether the number was ported and why it hasn't been deactivated, and then with Verizon to determine the activation.

I am unable to receive calls on my iPhone 7.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.