Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Merge call don’t work in my iPhone 7 Plus. The iOS version is 11.2.1

Please you support.

Merge call don’t work in my iPhone 7 Plus. The iOS version is 11.2. I try in other iPhone 6 Plus with the iOS 11.2.1 and the same carrier y the merge call work very well.

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 7:05 PM

3 replies

Dec 15, 2017 9:06 AM in response to Richarth1971

Hello, Richarth1971.

Thank you for going through those steps. Be sure to contact your carrier to make sure that merging calls feature is turned on for that phone number since this is a carrier feature. If that's turned on, make sure to have a current backup: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Then use this article as a reference to reinstall iOS: If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  3. While your device is connected, force restart it with these steps, but don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo, wait until the connect to iTunes screen appears:
    • On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the connect to iTunes screen.
    • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see connect to iTunes screen.
    • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the connect to iTunes screen.
      User uploaded file
  4. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits the connect to iTunes screen, let the download finish, then repeat step 3.
    User uploaded file
  5. After the Update or Restore completes, set up your device.
Step 4 is important, so make sure to choose "Update", to reinstall the iOS without erasing your data.

Keep us updated.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Dec 14, 2017 11:27 AM in response to Richarth1971

Hello, Richarth1971.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It's my understanding that merging calls on your iPhone 7 Plus doesn't work but works fine on your iPhone 6 Plus with no issues. I may be able to help you with this. Restart your iPhone 7 Plus if you haven't done so already. Then, check to see if you need a carrier update: Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

If that hasn't helped, then try resetting the network settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Just keep in mind that this also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before. You can use this article as a reference: If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Merge call don’t work in my iPhone 7 Plus. The iOS version is 11.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.