Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID does not exist

My father set up my iPhone with his Apple ID a while ago, and I've always been logged in. I just upgraded to a new phone, and I restored a back-up on my old one, with this account. Apparently, he had to create a new Apple ID, and the old one hasn't been used in over a year. My new phone keeps asking me for the password for the old account, but whenever I try to reset the password, it tells me the ID doesn't exist.

I contacted Apple support, and they sent me an email to reset my password, but it only reset the new password, not the one my phone is begging for. How do I remove the old account from my device, if it doesn't have a password to remove it?

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 6:23 PM

1 reply

Dec 13, 2017 7:40 PM in response to Red5941

Take the device, the original purchase receipt, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store.

Genius Bar Reservation US

or contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the receipt also.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. If you need to talk to them, ask them if they will do a Skype or FaceTime with you.

Apple Support using Twitter

Apple ID does not exist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.