Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X and CarPlay

Hello,

I recently googled iPhone X and CarPlay issues with car radio cutting off and found that I’m not the only one experiencing this problem. My iPhone 6 works without any issues but when I plug in the x it cuts off within ten minutes and turns back on for about thirty seconds and shuts off again. It’s not firmware or cables or rebooting the phone. I believe this is specifically related to the x. I just wanted to add my opinion hoping Apple will listen to all the complaints and resolve this issue.

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 7:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 9:03 AM

Apple does not participate here. This is a user to user support forum. If you wish Apple to see your opinion, then use the feedback link here, https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

I've not experienced any issues with my iPhone X and CarPlay in my 2017 Hyundai Elantra. What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2017 9:03 AM in response to Richie@apple

Apple does not participate here. This is a user to user support forum. If you wish Apple to see your opinion, then use the feedback link here, https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

I've not experienced any issues with my iPhone X and CarPlay in my 2017 Hyundai Elantra. What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Dec 14, 2017 11:39 AM in response to Richie@apple

In my vehicle, when you connect the phone to CarPlay, it disconnects the phone from Bluetooth, and handles everything through CarPlay. CarPlay handles the phone calls and other tasks that you would normally use with Bluetooth but don't need to any longer since the device is connected to the vehicle via the cable and CarPlay. If it is not disconnecting Bluetooth from the vehicle, it is possible that is a problem with the vehicle's implementation of CarPlay. You may need to question the dealer about that.

Dec 15, 2017 9:13 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Nope that wasn’t it. It’s an iPhone X issue. My iPhone 6 works without any issues at all. I have found other iPhone X users complaining about the same issue. No matter what’s tried, it still responds the same way. I guess I’ll keep using my 6 until Apple comes out with a fix. Apparently they are aware of the issue and are working on it.

iPhone X and CarPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.