Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.7.2.60 is out - CD Burning Issue Still Present

Hi, was working on Microsoft updates on my various computers (what do you expect from a retired server administrator where server patching was one of my main job duties) and Apple Software Update popped up reporting a new version of iTunes and iCloud for Windows.

Just finished completed the install - the new iTunes version is 12.7.2.60. Immediately tried burning a playlist to CD hoping that this new release resolved the issue. SIGH!!

Don't know what they fixed in 12.7.2.60 but the CD burning issue wasn't one of the issues they addressed. Can someone try this out themselves and if they get the same result contact Apple Support? Have something else I need to work on tonight and first thing tomorrow morning so won't be until midday on Thursday that I'll be able to call Apple Support?

Thanks.

null-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 6:27 PM

18 replies

Jan 23, 2018 1:57 AM in response to bertfromkennewick

There would appear to be a general issue burning from iTunes 12.7.2.x for Windows.

A workaround is to uninstall iTunes then download and install one of the following as appropriate directly from Apple’s secure servers:

You could also try burning at 1x or 2x speed which has worked for some, but doesn't address an issue some users have where the wrong playlist is burnt.

tt2

Dec 14, 2017 9:34 AM in response to RogerBat

When you start the burn do you get a message "deleting disc burn" or something similar and is the drive then locked until a reboot? I had this problem with 12.7.2.58 yesterday. Ended up deleting all apple programs along with all of the apple services that were running. Then rebooted and verified that the the programs really were deleted and that no apple services were running. At that point I reloaded 12.1.3.6 and opted out of automatic updates. It works fine although burns slower. I tried reloading 12.4.3.1 first but it did not work, although I might not have got all of the services deleted before trying to load and run it. At this point I'm waiting for an update that someone verifies has fixed this bug.

Dec 14, 2017 9:13 PM in response to turingtest2

Hi, wanted to let you know that I just finished up an extended call with Apple Support (was escalated to one of the Senior members of their team) which included sending him an e-mail with a detailed outline of the issues that so many of us have encountered and a "snapshot" of the error message that we are getting when we attempt to burn a playlist to blank CDR media.

His shift ends shortly but will follow up with him tomorrow afternoon when he starts his next shift (have his phone number and extension) to see if he gets anything back from engineering or other staff after they review the information I sent him.

RogerBat

Dec 15, 2017 12:14 PM in response to RogerBat

Same thing happen to me. Had version 12.7.2 and kept getting error message 0x80004005. It would get half way through burn the cd and just stop and kick the disk out. Called Apple support was on the phone for an hour and couldn't resolve issue over the phone. Next day had an update version available 12.7.2.60. Great! Downloaded the update and went to burn a cd, same error message, nothing changed. Wasted 5 cds already. Apple should test the updates before releasing them.

iTunes 12.7.2.60 is out - CD Burning Issue Still Present

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.