Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X touch screen is not working

I ordered an iPhone X on 27th October 2017 from apple store to an US address (TX)

My Mother has got the phone on 24th November 2017 from a courier service and she sent it to Sri Lanka.

I got the phone on 30th Nov. and it worked really good.

Since yesterday (13th Dec) the touch screen is not working. I have to tap many times to get a single tap. Even I can't shutdown the phone.

I did the hard re-set, but couldn't work. I searched on web and I found many people have same problem.

In Sri Lanka we have Apple authorized dealers. I asked them and they said still they are not selling iPhone X and they can not replace.

Is anything can do for this, because I have spent 999$ and phone is not working.

Is apple site is responsible to replace a new one or repair it? because I directly paid the apple site.

If I send it to USA, Can I get a replacement?

If yes, from where?

Please advice me.

iPhone X, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 6:54 PM

21 replies

Dec 18, 2017 11:55 AM in response to gulliver.74

No It does not work for me, here what I tried.

First the touchscreen on my iphone X is stuck so can't interact except to reboot with the combo with physical buttons.

So I tried to reboot and wait to have the logo showing Itune logo on my iphone X, and then I click update on the Itune app on my laptop.

Something happen it seems to update but after the reboot the touchscreen is still not responsive. I tried again and see that it still ask to do the update so maybe for a reason or another the update did not success.

Then I reboot again to try again and this time click on the restore and update instead of update. It did the same thing, at the end the touchscreen is not responsive.

Doing this procedure more than one time ask me if I want to update or restore, so I guess the update did not happen but I have not way to know it.

In conclusion the phone at ~1k is a brick for now, is there another trick to try ?

Dec 21, 2017 11:43 AM in response to trigrou

I also got an erratic iPhone X, iOS 11.2.1.

I never had the screen problem until I updated to 11.2.1. I didn't happen right after the update; some days later, maybe even a week after.

I've restored it on my mbp, I've got rid of some newly installed apps, I of course hard rebooted several times before and after restoration.

I cannot and will not set up and use the phone as new, as in fresh start. I have so much important, so this lies entirely on Apple to help with, or if someone else get a grip on what's going on. I got appreciated help and suggestions from Apple support on Twitter, but whatever I try, the unresponsive screen comes back after a while of normal use.

Dec 27, 2017 9:05 PM in response to turimblar

I’m having the same problem with my iPhone X — the touch screen randomly stops working (I’m on iOS 11.2.1) and it may take several hard reboots to get it working again. When it does work, sometimes the Touch to Wake feature still has trouble and it will only use Raise to Wake, which is so irritating. Isn’t there any fix yet? This is ridiculous with so many people having this issue.

Jan 4, 2018 11:34 AM in response to Alorenzini_18

I had mine in for repair, they changed the screen and told me to come pick it up. I was about the leave when I noticed the screen still wouldn't respond to my touch to wake it. They apologized and said I had to let them try to repair again. The day after (today) I received an email from the technician that they had ordered a replacement as they wouldn't be able to fix the problem.

Feb 12, 2018 12:53 PM in response to chathurasl

I have the same problem on iphone X 64GB Silver....Suddenly yesterday the screen stopped responding. I am on 11.2.5. Tried everything, Force restart, Restore from Recovery mode, Restore from DFU mode and nothing changed. Only after many hard resets, the device became responsive for 15 mins. This happened once. Nothing since then. But keep in mind that you are all so lucky...Because in your countries there are Apple Stores. I am from Greece and we have no Apple Store. I have attended to an authorised service provider and I am waiting for their response. I will let you know about any news. It is ridiculous though. In my country the price is 1200 Euros and I demand at least the phone to work without any problem. Very disappointed about this issue, and from Apple no response!!!! APPLE ARE YOU HERE?????

iPhone X touch screen is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.