Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

touch screen on iphone x going crazy

ive been using the iPhone x with 11.2 for a few weeks. today the touch screen seems to go crazy. I used the phone in loudspeaker mode to ring people and just breathing on the screen or having my finger near the screen it starts to open apps or ringing other people. Very hard when you are using the phone to stop a face time video that has randomly started, then another phone call and then another app started.

Any help appreciated, before I give it back and go back to my old phone?

iPhone X, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 1:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2017 1:42 PM

I've forced restart twice and I'm still having this problem. I've also tried wiping the screen clean multiple times and taking off the case. None of this seems to be working.

And the longer the phone stays on the worse it gets.

9 replies

Dec 22, 2017 3:22 PM in response to PeterJGo

I ended up taking the iphone x to the Apple Genius Bar. They ran the diagnostics and found the touch screen was faulty. They replaced the touch screen under the warranty. I left the phone with them overnight and came back the next day and it was fixed. Pity that I lost my $50 screen protector with the screen replacement. But I was glad to have it fixed.

touch screen on iphone x going crazy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.