Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cannot update my apps from the itunes store and my phone keeps telling me to update my billing info which has no problem at all

I can’t download any apps or update the apps I have from the App Store

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 10:13 PM

10 replies

Dec 14, 2017 12:38 AM in response to King_Penguin

I don’t know why I can’t update the apps on my phone, and yes it’s telling me something about an invalid billing info although I’m using the exact same billing info that I’ve always been using since I started using an iPhone. I just don’t know what any billing info has to do with the fact that the apps on my phone have refused to be updated as a result of it. And I’m just trying to download normal apps from the App Store and it tells me I need a billing info. Please why does it keep asking me for that if I already have one provided????!!! And I crossed check with my bank card to make sure everything was correct and it was! So I honestly don’t know why I can’t update my apps or download apps from the App Store it really gets on my nerves at times cause I don’t know why

Dec 14, 2017 3:29 AM in response to Dunsin

If you are getting a message about your payment details being invalid then that is why you can't download app updates. When you have a card on an account it has to be a valid card and pass the iTunes store validation - that applies whatever you are trying to download, including app updates. And it doesn't really matter whether you've been using the same card since you bought the phone, validation rules can change, what is/isn't accepted by iTunes can change. If you go to the payment details screen on the account as prompted are there any error messages ?

Dec 14, 2017 3:50 AM in response to King_Penguin

Okay first, for the ‘invalid’ I’m 110% sure my card is absolutely valid unless I need to call my back and find out otherwise. But I’m pretty sure it is and I’m also sure I have money in my account which I don’t think is the case here unless it just so happens to be... anyway, I tried the ‘none’ option and tried updating the apps, and it said there was a billing problem so I don’t know why I can’t update or purchase from the App Store like I’m normally freely supposed to

Dec 14, 2017 7:39 AM in response to Dunsin

The card may be valid elsewhere, that doesn't automatically mean that it's valid for iTunes and satisfies their current validation. You were able to select the 'none' option on the account and save it ? Have you tried logging out and back into the account since then and/or tried adding the card back (possibly via your computer's iTunes instead of directly on the phone) ?

i cannot update my apps from the itunes store and my phone keeps telling me to update my billing info which has no problem at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.