Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 3 for Snow Outdoors in -10° C

Hi Apple Watch Team,

I have question about the Apple Watch Series 3 for Outdoors Activities in Winter for Skiing and Snowboarding.

Question 1. I need to wear a smart watch for my snow sport activities while temperature below -15° C to 0° C in day time and -20° C to -10° C in night time. Is it maintain operating in poor weather condition?

Question 2. In low temperature outdoors condition (-20° C to -5° C), we need wear the thick gloves so we cannot use finger on touch screen, so just use Siri to send command to Apple Watch. Is it workable to instead Siri function to use finger on touch screen in poor weather condition?

Question 3. While I playing the snow sports skiing or snowboarding in the mountain and forest far away the town so the internal GPS+, Cellular Phone, Compass, Barometer, Altimeter (especial an elevation (or height) above sea level). Are they the hardware technology included in above functions on Apple Watch already? Because of the hardware & software features combined together is better than relay on software app only. The data is quit correctly collected by hardware technology.

If above question cannot supported from current Apple Watch Series 3.

I thing Apple Inc need to consider to develop new product line on Apple Watch for Professional Users in Outdoors as "Apple Watch Pro" may be.

Best regards,

Peter Tsang

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), Now version 10.11.4 beta (15E39d)

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 10:44 PM

1 reply

Apple Watch Series 3 for Snow Outdoors in -10° C

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.