Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie won’t start a project

I have had iMovie for years, not used it sincerely last December so deleted and re installed and now opening project screen it asks movie or trailer and won’t do anything when I press either. So frustrating as use this for a Birthday movie for my son

Posted on Dec 13, 2017 9:51 PM

1 reply

Dec 14, 2017 10:37 AM in response to Lydiabebaby

Hi Lydiabebaby,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're having trouble when trying to create a new project using iMovie on your Mac. I see that when you select to create a new project, you're not seeing a response after selecting "Movie" or "Trailer". I know iMovie is an important application to be able to use and I'd like to help. First, if you haven't already, quit iMovie and restart your Mac: macOS Sierra: Quit apps

If you're still having trouble, I recommend that you use these steps to start your Mac in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

After you've booted into safe mode, open iMove and try to start a new project. If you're able to move past the "Movie" or "Trailer" selection restart your Mac normally and test again.
Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

iMovie won’t start a project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.