Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Quicktime player will not open

My Quicktime player will not open my DJI movies anymore. when I click on the icon a message comes up saying (Quicktime player can't open "DJI_0001.MOV". Then asks to tell me more) nothing on my mac will open the movie.

Quicktime player used to open my DJI movies without any problem.

can you help me please.

<Re-Titled by Host>

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 12:39 AM

1 reply

Dec 14, 2017 6:16 AM in response to Julattencolin

My Quicktime player will not open my DJI movies anymore. when I click on the icon a message comes up saying (Quicktime player can't open "DJI_0001.MOV". Then asks to tell me more) nothing on my mac will open the movie.

Quicktime player used to open my DJI movies without any problem.

Can you upload a sample file for examination?

The error message would seem to indicate the file contains an unsupported compression format while the fact that the files previously played without problem seems to indicate a security or macOS upgrade error trapping issue. At this point I am assuming the files still play in alternative players like VLC and the problem is only associated with QTX and/or QT7 player playback.

User uploaded file

My Quicktime player will not open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.