Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Visual voicemail freezing

Bought a new iPhone X and the visual voicemail function receives messages and shows them, but won’t play them or allow me to hear my outgoing message. Any thoughts ?

Posted on

Dec 14, 2017 11:40 AM in response to Iain Armitage In response to Iain Armitage

Hi Iain Armitage,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're having trouble playing Visual Voicemail messages and you're unable to play the outgoing message you have recorded. I know Visual Voicemail is an important feature to use and I'd like to help. I'd recommend following the steps below:

Check your Visual Voicemail after each step:

1. Try to call someone to check your cellular network connection.
  2. Make sure that you set up your voicemail. To check, dial your phone number from your iPhone.
  3. Call your iPhone from another phone and try to leave yourself a voicemail.
  4. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.
    User uploaded file
Set up Visual Voicemail on your iPhone

Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

Dec 14, 2017 11:40 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 14, 2017 12:32 PM in response to alex_h1 In response to alex_h1

Hi Alex

Thanks for your note. Unfortunately that didn’t resolve the issue. I can leave a message and it shows on visual voicemail, but I can’t access that from the screen. Also, I can’t hear my own outgoing message

Any other ideas ?

Thanks

Iain

Dec 14, 2017 12:32 PM

Reply Helpful

Jan 4, 2018 8:12 AM in response to Iain Armitage In response to Iain Armitage

I have this problem on the 6. I think it's a problem on the phone... not the carrier. Recent operating system upgrades have been a mess and really discredit the reliability of Apple phones. I never had this problem on the 4. Best I could do as a patch is to retrieve voicemail was *86 to voicemail.

Jan 4, 2018 8:12 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Iain Armitage

Question: Visual voicemail freezing