Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My contacts disappeared. How can I get them back?

First, I have an IPhone 5s I haven't updated in about a year and I was running low on storage.

The contact information that I had saved on my phone disappeared. All the text conversations I was having are still saved but they just have phone numbers instead of what I saved the numbers as like "mom" or "work". I've tried switching my iCloud contacts off and on and I tried to sync my contacts from my PC. Nothing has worked and it's been two days now. I'm able to access my contacts from my various emails but not any that I saved on my phone.

Also, if I start a text message from scratch and I go to search for a recipient I am able to search for people. So I'll type in "Jay" and my friend Jay's name comes up with their phone number but if I click on the "info" icon it takes me to a blank contact page with just the number and no name and no picture.

Oh and I am able to save new contacts.

Does anyone know if there's a way to fix this problem?

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 12:00 AM

1 reply

My contacts disappeared. How can I get them back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.