Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to load .MPG movie clips (files say they are MPEG)into iMovie. They will not play in Quicktime either.

how to load .MPG movie clips from a Sony DCRSR200 (files say they are MPEG) into iMovie. I have them saved on my desk top.They will not play in Quicktime either. Do I need to convert them to MOV and how do I do that?

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 1:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 4:31 PM

You could try transcoding with Handbrake into something that iMovie finds acceptable. See If an audio or video file doesn't play on Mac - Apple Support.

tt2

5 replies

Dec 17, 2017 12:13 PM in response to turingtest2

HI turingtest2 Sent completed movie to iTunes and opened it in iDVD. Then I waited all evening for the encoding to complete and it froze, so turned off chapter markers in iDVD and it successfully burned then. So happy as this was a wedding movie. Thanks again for your help and posting this incase anyone else has problems burning in iDVD.

how to load .MPG movie clips (files say they are MPEG)into iMovie. They will not play in Quicktime either.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.