Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar: How to deal with several streets of same name

Hello everyone,

One thing in Calendar on Mac and iOS has been bugging me: When you add a street address as a location instead of a venue, and there are several streets with that name in a city, it will only pull out one, and not even tell you the name of the quarter or the postcode to know what's going on, and give you no option to choose between the different streets. According to Murphy's law the one it chooses is usually a small side street in the suburbs where the event is not.

At least I think it's been getting better… I remember a year ago, it wouldn't even know a lot of streets in the Calendar even though it knows them in Maps. Still, I can't believe this hasn't been filed as a bug… in any case it hasn't been addressed. How are you dealing with this annoying oversight?

Thanks

Benjamin

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1), null

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 12:59 AM

1 reply

Dec 14, 2017 5:50 AM in response to tempfile

How are you dealing with this annoying oversight?

It's not happening with any of my devices. Typing an address or part of an address will result in list of suggestions with the complete street name and city. I think that's how it's supposed to work.

Still, I can't believe this hasn't been filed as a bug… in any case it hasn't been addressed.

If that's the case, then the problem isn't as widespread as you may think. If your Apple devices are not working as expected, Contact Support.

Calendar: How to deal with several streets of same name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.