Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOs update 14 Dec problem

Hi

I just did the MacOs update and on the restart it wont let me log in. On the login screen I can restart and shutdown but not login. I have no password set for this computer.

any ideas?

computer is imac with High Sierra

thanks

Geoff

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 1:35 AM

4 replies

Dec 14, 2017 2:23 AM in response to Geoff Brown

Hi apparently there is an issue with the update 13.1.2.

I have still not been able to install it, others have installed it and faced slow system issues, system freeze or can't log in as you have...

Did you finish to install the update completely or are hanging somewhere between the update and back to the login screen? Did you try to log on with the option key to boot out of the Mac OS update 13.1.2. install drive? and select the normal drive to log in? Try that, it might work only if the latest update install 13.1.2. hasn't completed!

Also I have just seen another post reply here below:

User uploaded file

So, now let us see when is Apple coming up with a patch...

Let's hope for the best and soon...

Dec 14, 2017 11:59 PM in response to Mac_slide

Hi Mac_slide

Yes 'hurry up and wait' seems to be the thing with updates these days. When you spend 15 minutes looking at a download screen that says 'less than 1 minute' I realise that Einstein was right and time is relative. Still, when the designers work in a town called Cuppateanow, (or was it Capaccino) you would expect time to flow pretty slowly.

Cheers

Geoff

MacOs update 14 Dec problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.