Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

membership of apple music

I want to add others in my family to my apple music membership

How do i do it

iPad, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 3:58 AM

1 reply

Dec 14, 2017 6:02 PM in response to meanderhyd

Hello meanderhyd,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding you'd like to add family members to your Apple Music subscription. I'm happy to help.

Take a look at information and steps below:

About Family subscriptions and Family Sharing

To use a Family subscription with other people in your family, set up Family Sharing using a supported device. When you set up Family Sharing, you become the family organizer. If you don't want to be the family organizer, ask someone else to set up Family Sharing.

If you've already set up Family Sharing and joined Apple Music with a Family subscription, you can add new people by inviting them to be a part of your family group.

Invite your family

You can invite family members to join your Family on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or on an Android phone.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

After you set up Family Sharing, you can invite additional family members to join your family group.

After the invitees accept your invitation, each member of your family group will have access to Apple Music.

On your Android phone

1. In the Apple Music app, tap the menu icon User uploaded file in the upper-left corner.
  2. Tap your photo or name at the top of the menu to get to your account settings.
  3. Tap Manage Membership. If prompted, enter your Apple ID password.
  4. Tap Family Setup or Family.
  5. If you tapped Family Setup, tap Continue to proceed with inviting family members.
  6. If you tapped Family, tap Add Family Member at the bottom of the screen to invite additional members.

You can either send family members an email invite to join your family or have them enter their Apple ID and password directly into the Apple Music app. If the app asks to access your contacts, tap Allow so that you can quickly search the contacts that you have saved to your Android phone.

After the invitees accept your invitation, each member of your family group will have access to Apple Music.

Get an Apple Music Family subscription

Have a great day!

membership of apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.