Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix home button problem after ios 11.2.1 update on 5SiPhobeci

IUpdated to iOS 11.2.1 and my home button stopped 5responding to clicks but Touch ID is working

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 2:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2017 3:02 AM

What you can try doing to restart your device, turn on assistive touch. Once it’s active open it, select device, select more you’ll see a restart option and select it. Your device will restart, hopefully it works for you as we await next software update to fix this issue 🙇-1F3FE;♂

9 replies

Dec 28, 2017 6:56 PM in response to KingSeidon

Yes, this is a BIG problem. Suddenly appears on my iPhone 8 immediately after iOS 11.2.1 was installed. Not only does home "button" fail to work (no bump indicating the touch was sensed) but the top-right button (POWER) is also disabled.

Can't even reboot the phone! When I hold down power to force quit it activates the 911 emergency call which I then have top cancel/stop. (SOS feature) So clearly the hardware is working but the latest update has messed something up.

Please Apple.... this is a HUGE problem. It makes my iPhone 8 unusable.

How to fix home button problem after ios 11.2.1 update on 5SiPhobeci

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.