Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Picture does not flip to horizontal...

I am probably the biggest mac addict alive. Love my new iPhone X... But...I traded up to an iPhone X from my iPhone 6s. Prior to getting the iPhone X I dropped my iPhone 6. After I dropped it, it would no longer flip from vertical to horizontal. It didn't matter if it was a picture or a YouTube video... It simply wouldn't reorient from vertical to horizontal. I knew my new iPhone X was coming so I didn't sweat it. Once I transferred (setting the two phones next to each other) the info, apps, etc. I discovered that my new iPhone X was doing the same thing. That is it wouldn't flip the picture/video from vertical orientation to horizontal orientation.

I assume it must have something to do with the software after the transfer. It simply transferred the problem from my old phone to my new phone. Not sure how to solve the problem. I thought I would just wait for the next OS upgrade to see if that would solve the problem. However, I would like to find a solution now if possible.

Any ideas?. Can find a way to access and reload the current software?

Thank you for your time...

Paige

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 2:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 3:16 AM

Are you sure the Portrait Orientation Lock setting is correct?

If the screen doesn't rotate on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies

Picture does not flip to horizontal...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.