Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud restore woes

Hello all, I've tried phone chat with Apple and I've tried the Genius Bar but I'm getting no luck. Bought an iPhone 7+ a week or so ago and during the iCloud restore I'm being asked for a password to an iTunes account I don't know, consequently it won't allow me to restore any further.

The Genius Bar suggested going through my list of apps and deleting any I don't know or even use anymore, when I asked if it's possible to delete them that way he said yes, but I can't see how. I've attached a screenshot.

Thanks for any help.User uploaded file

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 3:47 AM

9 replies

Dec 18, 2017 1:16 PM in response to garytheanimal

garytheanimal wrote:

Yeah I’ve tried that too, all it does is open a new window with information about the app. I’ll just have to reinstall each app until I find the conflicting one and then try and find a way to delete it.

Thanks for your replies.

Sorry, not understanding? When you tap on the cloud icon, it should download the app. What, exactly is happening when you tap the cloud icon?

And again, the problem app isn't going to show up anywhere under your Apple ID. You wouldn't run into the issue unless you erased and restored again. And if it is not on your device now, then when you get the ones in your Purchases list re-downloaded, if you then back the device up, the issue should then go away entirely.

Cheers,

GB

iCloud restore woes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.