Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook pro keeps shutting down

I have a MacBook Pro retina 13” early 2015, I have a problem with it:

when i want to turn it on it keeps shutdown but whenever i keep holding any button on the keyboard it stays alive.. and whenever i release it shutdown after few seconds.. Sometimes it shows me a alert if im sure to shutdown now.. and sometimes it doesn’t show me and the screen goes black and the mac shutdown...

I’ve tried to reset smc and to reset the PRAM... but it didn’t work.. :/

i thought i could fix the problem if i erase everything in it and install the OS again but it didn’t work also.. so i tried to use my backup drive and use my very old backup.. from 2016.... but i still have this problem...

my warranty is expired few months ago.. 😟

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 5:04 AM

1 reply

Dec 14, 2017 5:23 PM in response to yukifaour

Hey there, yukifaour,

After reading your post, I understand that you are having trouble with your MacBook Pro. Specifically, it doesn't seem to stay powered on unless you're holding a key on the keyboard. I'd be happy to help!

You indicate taking several great troubleshooting steps, such as reseting the SMC and NVRAM, erasing and reinstalling macOS, as well as restoring a previous backup--but the issue continues still. Based on that, I would recommend taking the computer in to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for an inspection by a Genius or Apple-certified technician.

You can find locations, get contact information, and set reservations here: Apple - Find Locations

You're also welcome to get in touch with Apple Support directly for more information and to review your options. You can do that here: Contact Apple Support

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities. Have a wonderful day.

MacBook pro keeps shutting down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.