Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving emails

Since I updated to ios 11 I’ve had problems receiving emails (ymail) via the iPhone app. I’ve now updated to 11.2.1 and cannot receive emails at all. I can send them fine but can’t see any new mail in my inbox, even though it’s telling me I have mail. I’ve been all over google for help & nothing. Help please I’m so confused!!

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.1, null

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2017 6:29 PM

Okay, mail confusingly has two separate parts. Sending messages, via SMTP or ESMTP. And receiving messages, via POP or IMAP. Sending mail has one set of settings, passwords, host names, etc. Receiving messages and listing messages has a different set of settings, passwords, and host names. Your receiving setting; your POP or IMAP server and/or its settings appear to be incorrect. Here's the general troubleshooting sequence, and you'll want to concentrate on the POP or IMAP settings. These (sending and receiving) settings are unfortunately unique to each email provider in existence, which means we'll either need to know the provider to look up the details for you, or you may have to check directly with the provider support folks directly for some of the lesser-known and private providers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2017 6:29 PM in response to Emsey1980

Okay, mail confusingly has two separate parts. Sending messages, via SMTP or ESMTP. And receiving messages, via POP or IMAP. Sending mail has one set of settings, passwords, host names, etc. Receiving messages and listing messages has a different set of settings, passwords, and host names. Your receiving setting; your POP or IMAP server and/or its settings appear to be incorrect. Here's the general troubleshooting sequence, and you'll want to concentrate on the POP or IMAP settings. These (sending and receiving) settings are unfortunately unique to each email provider in existence, which means we'll either need to know the provider to look up the details for you, or you may have to check directly with the provider support folks directly for some of the lesser-known and private providers.

Not receiving emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.