Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mac has swapped my contacts with my sons - how do i get mine back?

My mac has swapped my contacts with my sons - how do i get mine back? I just installed latest update and when i looked for a contact all my contacts have disappeared and instead i see the few my son has - he is on my family sharing. I still have my contacts on my phone but am worried if I switch on contacts on the phone to use my iCloud they will disappear from there too and be replaced by my sons. Any ideas help gratefully received.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 4:54 AM

2 replies

Dec 17, 2017 7:44 AM in response to nellydee

As per this article Keep your contacts up to date on all of your devices with iCloud - Apple Support

On iCloud.com or iCloud for Windows

After you turn on iCloud Contacts on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, your contacts upload to iCloud. You can find and edit your contacts on iCloud.com or in iCloud for Windows. Any changes that you make automatically update on your other devices.

If you turn off iCloud Contacts on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, your contacts won't delete from iCloud, they won't update automatically, and any changes you make won't update across your other devices.

You can follow this article iCloud: Create a group and add contacts to it

My mac has swapped my contacts with my sons - how do i get mine back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.