Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is icloud so temperamental with photo edits?

i take a lot of photos on my iphone, and do a lot of editing.

why then, do only some of the edited photos show up in Photos on my iMac - showing me only the original photo?

there seems to be no logic to it. only sometimes will my edited version get uploaded to icloud.

so i still have the edited photo on my iphone, but just not on my imac.

whenever i want to print or use that edited photo i have to email it to myself from my iphone. it's becoming very tedious... 😕

any help would be much appreciated. thanks.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 4:09 AM

3 replies

Dec 25, 2017 9:25 AM in response to LarryHN

many thanks for the reply.

i have OSX 10.11.6

i have 1.5 GB free space on my icloud.

the problem is really that my icloud edits appear about 97% of the time. 3 in every 100 or so don't seem to want to display the edited version. i'll do the rotate/save/rotate back trick you mentioned a while ago. that seems to work. or sometimes, the edits appear a few days later. maybe it's just a glitch... it's just annoying.

thanks again! 🙂

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Dec 14, 2017 8:27 AM in response to Abstractman23

Sorry but we do not know you and can not see you so you have to provide details to get help

What do you have (version of the OS), what are your iCloud settings and status on each device and what exactly are you doing?

If you are using iCloud Photo Library on all devices and if all devices status is updated just now and if all devices are connected and if you have adequate free iCloud storage then all changes (additions, deletions and edits) made on any connected device will sync to all devices - this may take some time

LN

why is icloud so temperamental with photo edits?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.