Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: CTRL+SHIFT+UP keyboard shortcut overrides app function since last update

Since the recent update, the combination CTRL-SHIFT-UP triggers the same functionality (mission control) as CTRL-UP. However I can't find it anywhere in the settings. My problem is that it overrides some apps (IDE) shortcuts, which were working well before. Do you know how to turn that off and keeping the one without the SHIFT key as it is?

Similar issues occur with CTRL-SHIFT-DOWN.

macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

in System Preferences > Mission Control

under Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts

you can turn off those by selecting the -

update:

I find that if I temporally select "fn" then go back to default "control" + "up arrow"

then the "Shift" "Control" "Up arrow" does not invoke "mission control"

but leaving out the "shift" does get "mission control"

User uploaded file

Posted on

Dec 14, 2017 5:37 AM in response to db24401 In response to db24401

Thanks for the quick reply. Do I have to push any modifier to get the right side selectors?

I want to keep the original (CTRL-UP) shortcut. If I set the one I have to '-', than the CTRL-SHIFT-UP is also freed, but than I don't have the shortcut.

User uploaded file

Dec 14, 2017 5:37 AM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Dec 14, 2017 10:06 AM in response to phev In response to phev

in System Preferences > Mission Control

under Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts

you can turn off those by selecting the -

update:

I find that if I temporally select "fn" then go back to default "control" + "up arrow"

then the "Shift" "Control" "Up arrow" does not invoke "mission control"

but leaving out the "shift" does get "mission control"

User uploaded file

Dec 14, 2017 10:06 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: phev

Question: CTRL+SHIFT+UP keyboard shortcut overrides app function since last update