Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copying albums from iTunes to an SD card while keeping folder structure

Hi everyone,

every time I copy music from iTunes to an SD-card via Drag&Drop, only the files themselves are copied but not any artist / album folder structure.

I want to listen to a playlist in my car - therefore having everything (~30 albums) in a single folder is kinda messy and I cannot listen to a single album that I would be able to do if there were folders!

I could, of course, go into my iTunes folder and navigate through the folders and drag&drop everything manually from finder but this is very inconvenient and consumes a lot of time.

What I would expect is dragging a playlist from Itunes to the SD card and all folders are kept. Any chance I could do so?

Thanks in advance and greetings!

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 6:13 AM

Re: Applescript to copy/export mp3 by album Read my whole post, including a comment on how to change move to copy.

4 replies

Dec 14, 2017 6:25 AM in response to Noroelle

Think like a for-profit corporation. Who needs to do this? Why aren't you pairing your Apple brand mobile device to your car's stereo? Then all you need to do is sync and iTunes does that. Who on Earth needs to do things with SD cards when all you need to do is buy an Apple mobile device, preferably subscribing to AppleMusic at the same time and a nice plump data plan to stream it everywhere? 😝

Oh, if your car is too old to do bluetooth, well, what do you expect by being old-fashioned and not with the times? 😝

Dec 14, 2017 6:48 AM in response to Limnos

C'mon - of course I pair my phone - but streaming services do not have access to the music I listen to and the limited storage space of the iPhone is not enough for having access to a broad range of music. Also, why should I continuously sync my phone if I could also have e.g. 128GB of music in my car all the time?

Who on earth spends his money on monthly plans as there are way cheaper methods? 😝

Copying albums from iTunes to an SD card while keeping folder structure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.