Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS High Sierra goloader / kernel_task leading to high CPU util / battery drain

Hi everyone,

since I installed High Sierra on my MacBook Pro Mid 2014 I encounter issues with a certain process called "goloader" (see picture) that leads to high CPU utilization and drains the battery when unplugged. The problem mainly seems to be caused by this specific process, even though kernel_task also is quite high whenever the goloader process starts. Solutions I tried so far where:

- SMC reset

- PRAM reset

- Reinstall 10.13.2

Nothing helped so far. My current workaround is just to keep the activity monitor open and manually stop the goloader process, whenever it occurs. Usually this is the case after different time spans after reboot and also after different time spans after I already killed the process.

Does anyone here have an idea what this process is and how I could possibly solve my issue?

User uploaded file

Many thanks in advance!

Steffen

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 7:52 AM

4 replies

Jan 19, 2018 1:02 AM in response to steffen11

Hello everyone,

The same issue is occuring with my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017) since the update of mac OS High Sierra. Running Etresoft did not solve the problem, it keeps launching Goloader on random moments. Etresoft does mention Goloader:

User uploaded file

60% CPU usage constantly drains my mac's battery in no time.

Does anyone know how I locate the launch demon and delete it?

Thanks in advance!

Eric

Jan 19, 2018 2:06 AM in response to Jongeneelen

Does anyone know how I locate the launch demon and delete it?

The best option is to use the Uninstaller or instructions from the developer of the software.

Being that is is listed as a "User Launch Agent," it would be located in your user/Library/LaunchAgents folder.

The user/Library is hidden by default. Hold down the Option key and select Library from the Go menu in Finder.

macOS High Sierra goloader / kernel_task leading to high CPU util / battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.