Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to not get rid of my photos from icloud but off my phone into the cloud?

last night I bought an iPhone 8 plus and they set up my phone so I only have iCloud photo sharing but nothing else so I had zero pictures on camera roll and I wanted to keep it that way but this morning I woke up and all of my previous pictures were on there. If I turn off iCloud photo in afriad it’ll delete all of my photos from the cloud. but I don’t know how to get rid of all those photos without keeping them in the cloud the only photos i want to keep are icloud photo sharing which they set up yesterday.

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 6:37 AM

1 reply

Dec 14, 2017 12:03 PM in response to jkantor123

What you described is the way iCloud Photo Library is designed to work. You can sign-out of iCloud Photo Library on your device and delete the photos, but once you sign back in (to see any one of them), they will be re-downloaded. Note - if you delete the photos while you are signed-in to iCloud, they will be deleted everywhere. You can recover your photos and videos from the Recently Deleted album for 30 days. See the "How do I delete photos and videos from a device using iCloud Photo Library?" section in:

Get help with your iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

iCloud Photo Library is a syncing mechanism - not simply offline storage. Any changes you make to your collection (including deletions) on one device, change on your other devices too (and in iCloud). See the "Save space on your device" section in:

iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

for ways to save space on your device.

If you only want offline storage, then you will have to resort to a third party solution such as Google Drive (available on the App Store). Note - I am not affiliated with either Apple or Google, so don't take this as an endorsement.

how to not get rid of my photos from icloud but off my phone into the cloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.