Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t install and uninstall itune

I am trying to update my itune but it says “the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable”. Then instead of doing automatic installation from itune, I did it manually which shows the same message again and asked me to enter an alternate path to a folder than contain the installation package.

Tried downloading the latest itune and install it, it says “the older version of Apple Software Update cannot be removed. contact your technical support group”

I’ve have already manually uninstall all programs on Windows (control panel/uninstall program) but there are two (ITunes and Apple Software Update) can’t be repair or uninstall.

So now I’m stuck on not being able to fully uninstall itune as well as not being able to install a new itune.

What can I do now?

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 6:40 AM

2 replies

Dec 14, 2017 7:49 AM in response to jtang852

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. See the notes below the box and in particular the Microsoft Troubleshooter mentioned in note 1.

If needs be uninstall all components that will uninstall and then use the method in Install missing components to install everything apart from ASU.

tt2

Dec 14, 2017 7:35 PM in response to jtang852

After a night of searching on the internet and forum, I actually got it solved now by downloading a program called Revo Cleaner which helped me to remove every single thing that related to Apple. Although when I tried uninstalling and removing Apple Update Software and ITunes, it still asked me to enter an alternate path but the program did in fact remove the “cache” in both.

Once I deleted everything from Apple Inc, i could actually install ITunes again and everything works fine.

Can’t install and uninstall itune

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.