Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage sending sms to UK

I've an Iphone 7 plus and since yesterday I'm receiving a lot of charges for messages to an english number that I don't know, something like +447537410***. I don't know how to stop this messages that I'm not sending.

Looking for a solution on Internet, I'm reading that these charges should be connected to iMessage and Facetime activation...but both the services are already active and I nevet turned them off. Has someone had the same issue? any solutions? Please, help me.

Luigi

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 6:53 AM

2 replies

Dec 14, 2017 7:13 AM in response to infinitmi

iMessage and FaceTime use sms messages exchanged with Apple's servers in the UK. If you are using a supported carrier, contact them and make sure your account is properly provisioned for an iPhone. Most supported carriers do not charge for these messages.

If you are using an unsupported carrier, consider switching to a supported carrier, turn off iMessage and FaceTime to avoid the charges, or live with the charges.

iMessage sending sms to UK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.