Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: fcp 10.4 won't open 10.3.4 projects

Trying to open a 10.3.4 project and fcp 10.4 refuses to open it. Tried trashing preferences. No luck.

Should I erase FCPX and reinstall from scratch?

User uploaded file

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Hi thommls,

Quick update. My problem is solved. All my libraries opened with out issue. What initially occurred was that some projects took quite a few minutes to open and I thought FCPX was crashing. I just wasn't patient enough. All my libraries have now successfully updated.

Posted on

Dec 14, 2017 3:09 PM in response to Nicholas Natteau1 In response to Nicholas Natteau1

I am having this issue as well but only with one library. I have several other Libraries opening fine but as soon as I try to open this one (naturally it's the most important one) FCPX crashes while trying to load it.

Dec 14, 2017 3:09 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Dec 14, 2017 3:13 PM in response to thommls In response to thommls

Hi thommls,

Quick update. My problem is solved. All my libraries opened with out issue. What initially occurred was that some projects took quite a few minutes to open and I thought FCPX was crashing. I just wasn't patient enough. All my libraries have now successfully updated.

Dec 14, 2017 3:13 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Nicholas Natteau1

Question: fcp 10.4 won't open 10.3.4 projects